Have you ever wondered what makes a smile beautiful? The answer may seem complex question, but it's actually quite the opposite. Drs. Peyman Beigi and Nina Raeisian of Milford Dental Group in Milford, MA, offer patients porcelain veneers to help them show off a brilliant smile.
What are Veneers?
Veneers provide patients with improved tooth color, shape, and alignment in just a few dental appointments. These wafer-thin oral appliances are similar to crowns in that they hide dental imperfections, but unlike crowns, veneers are purely cosmetic. They are cemented to the surface of teeth to hide issues like:
- Stains and discoloration that occurs as a result of eating pigmented food, chewing tobacco, smoking, and aging
- Chips, cracks, and fractures caused by injury or trauma
- Minor gaps, dental crookedness, and misalignments
The porcelain veneers substitute natural enamel and have the advantage of being more translucent. This means they are more resistant to staining than natural enamel and can provide a brighter smile for a longer period of time.
Creating a New Smile with Porcelain Veneers
- You must first visit your dentist and explain what exactly you need.
- If you and your Milford dentist decide that veneers are the best option, you'll need to undergo a full dental exam so that any underlying issues can be dealt with.
- Your dentist makes a model of your teeth using wax to show you what you'd like with veneers.
- If you wish to proceed, your dentist prepares your teeth by removing a small amount of enamel so teeth aren't protruding when veneers are cemented on the surface.
- Next, molds of your teeth are sent to a lab where a lab technician creates your permanent veneers.
- Finally, permanent veneers are cemented onto your teeth.
Would You Like to Speak With Your Dentist About Veneers?
Drs. Peyman Beigi and Nina Raeisian of Milford Dental Group in Milford, MA, provide patients with veneers and if you want a smile makeover, you should give them a call at (508) 482-0028.